Sorry Alan for being very inactive here. Honestly, I'm more concentrated on Animation2 now, especially with the lack of manpower...
Anyway, short update for today.
Watched Tekkon Kinkreet. Heard of it before, I think it was from DeviantArt artists' fan arts and journals. The first thing that caught my attention was the background. That was some sort of a first time for me, because I usually dislike backgrounds (especially when I'm weak in them D: ).
So.. Tekkon Kinkreet. I didn't exactly understood the whole story, but visual wise, it was really cool. So, to me this show shows the relationship between two brothers? and how they balance each others' lives? Hahah, I probably got confused at some parts I guess. But I knew the environment was very important, as they kept saying "MY town". Some parts that I do not really understand was on Shiro(White)'s imagination and action (at one point, he floated down).
BUT. I have to say watching the making was worth it. We get to see how animator lives are like, how much the animation mean to them, how they also struggle with deadlines and obstacles, how they work and feel, and some techniques! *cough* I'm quite proud to have thought of the same concept of using after effects to create a 2D-3D environment even before seeing the show though... BUT IT FAILED because of bad time management. Well, I also envy their background artists, as they were all hand painted. Once a mistake is done, it's goneee D: I admire their perseverance. Seeing them reminded me a little little bit of the time during our P2 though.
Other than that, I like Shiro's character design. Even though weird with all the random hats, I actually loved the watches and toilet tissue paper roll attached to him. I think he also has a unique character. Childish, but deep at the same time.
So.. I guess today's screening has taught me a few things. The importance of background, character designs, sound, achieving goals, visualising, and teamwork .
Other than that, heard that we've to show our progress soon. Hopefully it will be due on Friday :'D, since Thursday's our submission for Anim2. I'm planning to change my character design. I think he looks too childish/ young. It should be okay I guess, since I didn't really have a finalised one... but I really really hope P3 will go well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment