Errr, while doing the animatics, I changed the story a little. So here it is, my animatics (with no audio):
Was happy that Alan commented something about the animatics being able to tell the story.
There were also other comments:
... add more shots on the cookies disappearing, and when there's no more cookies, perhaps he counts with his fingers and then does an action like he doesn't know, but perhaps he's eaten them all.
... needs more time for fade to black from first scene to the TV scene. It was too sudden. or perhaps have the audio of the TV program first.
... straw longer maybe, and it needs to turn to finish the drink.
... good expressions
... for the fridge scene - uh..sfx, fridge ambience? and the transition from black= opening of fridge.
... hand reaching for phone - like he's flying (superman?) so perhaps a zoom in, then with the hand reaching for it.
... when it comes to the pizza number part, finger should be as if tapping, not really moving that way. Timing too slow.
... guy should probably watch football? haha, and perhaps a bottle of coke with the pizza. Maybe he was already eating one, but when he's about to reach for his second piece, he finds the whole box gone.
... as for the ending, show the girl giving him a new piece of pizza
I hope I got them all right! Do let me know if there's a mistake or something. Perhaps comments from people reading this as well?
Anyway, was happy that Alan liked the title, because I'm usually bad with those - anything to do with words!
Well, I hope I'll be able to animate it well. I'm still not sure what I'm using - traditional? Flash? Photoshop? ...??? :( What do you think would be most appropriate with the time left and all? Flash, I guess? but actually, I'm not VERY familiar with flash, especially with their effects and symbols. Oh well, perhaps it's time for me to learn more about it. But anyway, not confirmed yet about using flash.
As for traditional, I don't really mind except for the fact that I don't have a lightbox and scanner. Oh and there's the vectorising in Toonboom. Based on experiences, sometimes the coloring is not perfect, like some parts are pixellated? Not too sure why... Well, if there's another method to make the animation look better, I might try. I feel like doing something different from P2 or Anim2.
Other than that, I bet audio would take a long time. Actually wanted to do some after presentation, but I was hungry + sleepy, AND the juniors or something were hanging out there. =____=... Perhaps I should leave a note there one day or something.
Oh yeah, not going for CG Overdrive talks :( Too expensive for me. Another factor would be the talks (language). In my whole life, I haven't really thought of any talks being interesting. Also, with the little knowledge/ vocabulary that I have, most of the time, I've difficulty figuring out what people are saying (which explains my puzzled look at times). Oh well, perhaps when I grow up? oh BUT I'll probably go for the exhibition. It's free admission, right? :)
Reminder for self: Arghhh, gantt chart. Portfolio. Production.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment