Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doing things digitally

Not really an update. Floor plan is not complete yet. Just...
Once again, tired and uninspired :( Pretty lost, and I can't seem to get myself to start.
Also not too sure what to use for my animation. Traditional? Flash? Photoshop?
I actually decided on Flash already, because that would mean I could do work at home as well, not too time restricted... but I didn't quite like the feel of it when I used the brush tool in school today. On the other hand, tracing over with line tool would be a pain :(
So... I actually asked for my brother's opinion. He hasn't really seen my animatics or so, but he said that this would be a good time to experiment, probably my only chance to do so till FYP. Plus, he said I should try doing my animation digitally, because it's more.. erm, modern? Haha. So.. now I'm stuck with either Flash or Photoshop.

Oh, watched The Emperor's New Groove today - Adeline's recommendation. Nice animation, but story wise, not really my kind. Have to say they portrayed the characters quite nicely though : ) I like the expressions. Also saw the making. Too bad there was an error when it comes to coloring the characters :< It is quite interesting to see them choosing color schemes for the good and the bad characters though.

------------
Interim 3 – Monday, 1st June
Final submission – Monday, 15th June

No comments:

Post a Comment